Celebrating a Decade of Unrelenting Dedication to Great Product Design
In 2008, we opened our doors with the goal of building a full-service design and engineering company. With some ups and downs, we have become the company our founders envisioned and are now celebrating our first #DecadeofDesign.
IPS’ celebration interviews showcase personal, fun and thoughtful stories from some of IPS’ longest tenured employees. The series gives an inside look from the people that represent the values and dedication that have served as a cornerstone our first decade.
Questions: Celebration Series June Severino Feldman
- What is your name?
June Severino Feldman
- What is your position at IPS?
Chief Marketing Officer
- How long have you worked at IPS?
- What was your first contact with IPS?
One of the founders is my brother.
- What was the product design field like when you first got started working with IPS?
Much more splintered into engineering and design than it is now… when we started marketing IPS as a full service product design and development company (2012) it was difficult to find any other firms that identified themselves the same way. Now there are many that do, though not many of them actually are as full-service as IPS.
- What were some of the main challenges for you over the time you’ve worked at IPS?
Being the purveyor of the soft science of Marketing in an engineering firm where virtually everything else is totally quantifiable – just explaining what we’re doing and why it’s important – has been the greatest challenge. With help from a powerful little team, we’ve made some good progress here.
- Looking back, what changes in the industry and IPS have you seen over those years?
See my answer to #5 for the industry piece. IPS has grown in staff size and areas of expertise. It has become a noticeable, sought-after force in the product design and development world – especially in IoT.
- From your perspective, what would you say are IPS’ greatest accomplishments over the years?
Our greatest accomplishments stem from the privilege of working for great clients and developing awesome products for them… the headset, the piano, the beer dispenser, great application software, etc.
- Please share one memory of a funny situation/scenario that you’ve encountered, thanks to IPS, over the last 10 years.
I laugh many times every day at IPS. There are too many funny things to list here!
- Describe what IPS means to you, on a personal level, in 15 words or less
I love that the work is so diverse, meaningful and that it constantly evolves.