IPS partnered with ZX Ventures, a division of AB InBev, to design and develop, BeerBox, an Internet “connected” beer vending machine that dispenses opened cans of ice cold beer, featuring a cashless payment system that accepts all major credit cards and mobile wallets (i.e. Google Pay and Apple Pay).
The initial idea for the BeerBox came out of an accelerator program and then ZX Ventures selected IPS to come on board to turn the vision into a product – taking it from discovery phase to prototype to testing and manufacturing.
The latest technology in beer dispensing & vending. This is the world’s first beer self service vending system wirelessly handling transactions and dispensing a fresh, cold and OPENED can of beer.
• The BeerBox is capable of receiving payment and dispensing 25 oz beverages.
• When at a venue, the payment system supports connectivity via Ethernet or cellular gateway for connectivity.
• Venue requirement to open cans prior to delivering to customer.
• Cooling systems tuned to custom airflow pattern to dispense 35 degree product.
• Custom illumination schemes for UI/UX.
• All data on purchases captured and stored in cloud based repository.
“We selected IPS as our product design partner because of its full range of product design expertise, and in particular, its expertise in designing IoT products and WiFi solutions. IPS helped us to design a product that can be easily manufactured, improved the look and feel of the BeerBox, and assisted in boosting its overall reliability.” – Robert Gaafar, EIR/Global Director, Explore at ZX Ventures (Anheuser Busch-InBev)
IPS Partners with ZX Ventures/AB InBev to Develop First Internet-Connected Beer Vending Machine Dispensing Opened Cans – Globe News Wire
The All New BeerBox – Tech News Gadget
BeerBox is the Beer Vending Machine that Opens Your Beer for You – TechCrunch
BeerBox is a Distributor Who Opens Your Beer For You – Business Digit
‘Beer Box’ Vends Opened Cans To Comply With Liquor Laws – Vending Times