Through DNA-based security solutions, Applied DNA Sciences (ADNAS) delivers counterfeit protection, brand authentication, combats product diversion, and offers its award-winning programs against cash-in-transit crimes, all using the proven forensic power of DNA.
ADNAS reached out to IPS for the development of various products for validation and authentication, including a reader of its SigNature(R) DNA mark optical features for use by ADNAS customers for inspection applications throughout the supply chain. IPS’ design and engineering team’s concept results in increased quality control and field validation for those products at risk of forgery.
“Cross-functional discipline integration, deep industry knowledge, some flexibility in payment schedules.” – Judy Murrah, CFO of Applied DNA Sciences
Architecture and design of multi-sensor, multispectral imaging device reads substrate materials with unique biological DNA markers (Fluorophores).
• STM32F427 low power, M4 ARM processor
• Xilinx Spartan FPGA design
• low voltage, high frequency image interlaced sensors
•HS USB 2.0
• Requirements Management, use cases , security algorithms
• Developed Image Acquisition and Synchronization Algorithms
• Performed SW Architecture and Coding for Frame reconstruction and memory layout
• Architected and Selected 9 imagers to provide 9 ‘layer’ image
• Post Processing and Analysis
• Coordination of all interdisciplinary technical activities optical, electrical, mechanical, software
• System Integration
• Overall Design Verification