IPS’ Product Development
Process Blog Series
Welcome to IPS’ blog series covering the process for successful product development with geographically dispersed teams during times such as these.
How to Get Started Developing Your New Product
Overview of the Product Development Process
Online Collaborative Product Development Series
Over many years of designing and developing products ranging from simple plastic items to complicated online vending systems, the IPS development team has learned a lot about the product development process. We hope the insights we share here will be beneficial to all the talented, high-energy, enthusiastic developers and engineers who continue to collaborate online to help alleviate some of the health conditions that have become of great concern to all of us.
This series of about a dozen posts will be published periodically from May through July 2020. Please don’t hesitate to connect with us regarding your questions or comments. And keep up the great collaborations!
Topics in this series will include:
- An overview of the product development process
- First steps in research and ideation
- Regulations in product development
- Down selection and detailed design
- The difference between a working prototype and a production-ready prototype
- Best practices for controlling cost during the process
- Choosing the best tools for product development